Monday, April 6, 2009

Nephews

I have decided that I have the cutest nephews in the world. If you have ever met my sister's children, you would understand why. Bruce and I had the pleasure of taking the two oldest (5 and 4) to the aquarium a few weeks ago. Let's just say it was an adventure. I won't give you an entire run-down of the events but lets just say that McDonald's was a much bigger hit than any crumby aquarium, and why on earth would any boy want to touch a stingray? (I wanted to, but what do I know.) I did find the experience to be very educational, however, so here are a few bits of information we gathered from the trip that I thought someone may find handy.

The World According to Anson:
1) You rate a McDonald's Playland by how many sets of stairs it has - the playland near Anson's house has 1 set, the one near Aunt Leigh's house has 2, thus making it the more desirable playland.

2) If you want to make an airplane you need two main parts - the flat metal for the wings, and the round metal with seats.

3) To make a cardboard box you:
1. place saggy cardboard on the conveyor belt
2. send it to the pair of hands (you must have a pair because one hand can't hold the tape
alone)
3. press the button to make the hands tape the saggy cardboard into a box

4) If you need a cement mixer (so you can make a cement wall from clay and water) you need to call UPS, and they will bring it directly to your house.

5) If you do not have the number for UPS, simply go to www.cellphonenumbers.com, click the UPS link, and they will connect you.

If only I had know these things! I would have had every cell phone number I ever needed, be making bank with my home-made concrete walls, and possibly have a lucrative career rating McDonald's playlands! I did learn one very important thing from all this - the theory of the world according to Heber: Sometimes there is no need to say anything, because there is usually someone who is talking enough for the both of you.

I love you, cute boys!

Leigh

2 comments:

Heidi and Josch said...

oh my gosh. that is so cute and funny! idk how these kids come up with all of this stuff! cute!!!

Ali's 2 boys said...

I just love how kids minds work. There is always something new to laught at.
love ya