Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shut yer bunghole ye scurvy bilgerat!

I hope that everyone has a beautiful "Talk Like a Pirate Day" on Sept. 19. I have been busily preparing for the festivities by increasing my pirate vocabulary, reading pirate books, and even looking up my pirate name - which believe it or not is "Linda the Short"or "Lucy the Off-White" depending on which translator you use. I figure they are both applicable. I also looked up the names of all of my coworkers. However, I had to do a few variations because I can't exactly tell the class that Mary's pirate name is "Charlotte Yellow Ares," or that one of the students names is "Keeper Drunken Stubble."
I have also spent the last while coming up with fun ways for the class to celebrate this special holiday. We will be having a hunt for sunken treasure, a few pirate ditties to sing, and a rousing game of "pin the patch on the pirate." The pirate is actually a blown-up picture of our teacher on which I pasted a pirate hat and parrot. (They really should know better by now than to ask me to come up with something to do for obscure holidays.) If any of you would like some ideas to help you celebrate "Talk Like a Pirate Day," here is the address to the official website.

www.talklikeapirate.com

You best be havin' a beauty fa celebration, an' dasn't do anythin' I wouldna.

2 comments:

Heidi and Josch said...

talk like a pirate day...are you kiddin me?

Leigh said...

Arrgh...ye best not mock me holiday, or I'll send ye ta' Davey Jones locker!