Friday, June 6, 2008

Squiggle Mart

A few days ago, I began my stimulating career as a Wal-Mart cashier. Yes, at the same Wal-Mart I bought my $6.00 box of hair dye from. Mostly I've just been going through computer tutorials and learning very important things like the company cheer (during which they refer to the hyphen in the logo as a squiggle,) and making sure you close a box cutter before placing it in your pocket. I've been fairly negative about the whole thing lately, so I decided that if I'm going to survive this, I'm going to have to look on the bright side - that is what this blog is supposed to be about, anyway. So I have compiled a list of things I like about working at Wal-Mart.

- I just got paid to sit at a computer for 2 days and click the next button
- Everyone has been too busy to notice that my name badge now says "Good Times Cashier"
- A discount at Wal-Mart - I really don't think I can get any cheaper than that
- Blue - the color of the sky, the ocean, my favorite sno-cone, and my shirt
- They no longer wear vests
- A discounted membership to Sam's Club
- I can sign up for pet insurance
- The greeters - I get a personal welcome when I arrive at work
- They called me for an interview less than 7 hours after I submitted an application online at 1:00 in the morning - now that's prompt.

Wish me luck!

No comments: