Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jumping the Gun

I am constantly accused of being overzealous when it comes to the holiday season. I usually have my shopping done before Thanksgiving, or shortly afterward. Therefore, for those of you who think I may be moving too quickly and not properly enjoying the hustle and bustle of Christmas, I have decided to create a list of the reasons why I am pretty much done with my holiday purchases, and you should be too.

10. Friends in far off places - Shipping costs a ton, ship early to save. No, I'm not cheap, just thrifty.
9. Far off Family - No I don't mean physical distance. It's basic survival to buy gifts for the people who you only talk to once a year as soon as an idea hits, even if it's in March, and then hope they don't buy it themselves.
8. Charities - A safe bet for those presents they do buy for themselves
7. Busy Sidewalks - a "Christmas-y" term for too many cranky people
6. Pampered Pets - It takes time to find the perfect gift for the dog who has everything.
5. Trimming - You all ready have to trim the tree and wrap the presents, isn't that enough?
4. Turkey - I lose a whole week recovering from Thanksgiving
3. Popularity - What can I say, so many parties, so little time.
2. My husband - Might as well buy it early because Bruce won't realize it. I've wrapped his presents in front of him without his noticing. (This reason probably doesn't apply to you, but if it does, I'd love to hear why.)
1. Relaxing - It gives me a chance to actually enjoy Christmas, and brag to you about being pretty much finished.

Best of luck to all you procrastinators out there.