Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Day I Lost My Squiggle

Yes, it is true. My squiggle is gone. I will no longer get extra discounts on general merchandise. I will no longer stand at the door and cheerfully welcome shoppers. I will no longer cheer, stretch, and squiggle myself into a cashiering frenzy. But I will probably still wear my blue shirts. I have bid a not so fond farewell to Wal-mart, and am happily enjoying my first Saturday to myself in many months. Bruce and his parents are gone to a football game for the day,and I am toying with the idea of walking around naked for awhile. However, I need to go shopping - at Wal-mart - ironically enough. So I now say goodbye to my time as a Squiggle Mart employee, and hello to my time as a discountless Squiggle Mart customer. Wal-mart, a part of me will always be with you. I will do a few naked squiggles in your honor.

No comments: